If you’ve been following me for a little while, then you KNOW my slight obsession with coffee.
I LOVE COFFEE.
As an Italian, it’s in my blood to love coffee. There is just something about the smell, the ritual of grinding the beans, the pouring of the hot water in my pour-over, that very first sip.
I have received a handful of questions about what I put in my coffee to make it so delicious. I shared my recipe during my weekly live video series What’s Brewing Behind the Scenes, which takes place over on Instagram, and I got such a great response that I wanted to share it on my blog! Okay, let’s get right to the recipe.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR MY COFFEE RECIPE
- A brewed cup of your favorite coffee (my favorites are the Organic Fair Trade Sumatra or Ruta Maya Organic Coffee, which is a local brand here in Austin)
- Creamer of choice (I love the Califia Farms Almond Milk Creamer)
- MCT oil (this is my go-to brand) — MCT oil is like liquid GOLD. It’s great for your brain health (hello serious FOCUS), helps to support your gut and can calm inflammation.
- Collagen Peptides (my absolute favorite is Vital Proteins — they dissolve and have zero taste)
- Coffee frother (this little tool is totally optional, but a game changer for extra frothy coffee) or you can use a blender
- Pour your cup of coffee into an extra large cup (trust me on this one).
- Add the following to your cup of coffee:
- Your desired amount of creamer
- A shake of cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp MCT oil (if you’re new to MCT oil, start with a very small amount)
- 1 scoop of collagen peptides
- Grab your coffee frother or pour your coffee into a blender and blend it up!
- Enjoy 🙂
If you’re anything like me, this will become your morning obsession. I can’t fully start my day until I have enjoyed it. If you’re a mama, then you know the little moments of silence are few and far between, but you can enjoy your coffee silent or not 🙂 Now, I WANT TO KNOW — what is your favorite way to take your coffee? Tell me in the comments below.
Pin me + save for later!
My Coffee Recipe
VIEW THE COMMENTS